In this Policy we use the term “Personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person, and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been depersonalized so that it does not identify a specific user.
1. The collection of personal information
? We always collect information about Your IP address and standard web log, for example, your browser type and the pages you chose on our web site, during your visit to the company website STEEPAY.
? When you open an account, we collect the following information:
1. Contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, ID, instant messaging and other information.
2. Financial information such as Bank account numbers that you link to your account STEEPAY.
? Before permitting you to use our Service, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or to manage risks, such as date of birth, passport or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and customer identity verification.
? During your use of our service, we collect information about transactions on your account, we may collect information about your computer or other access device for purposes of fraud prevention.
? We may also collect additional information from or about you in other ways, not described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our support group, or to save the results after answering the survey.
2. The protection of personal information
We store and process your personal information on particularly protected dedicated servers, and we protect it by keeping physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we use physical access controls to our buildings and files, and allow access to personal information only to those employees who need the information to perform their duties.
3. The use of personal information
Our main objection against collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. Your personal information may be used for:
1. Processing transactions and sending notifications about transactions;
2. Resolving disputes, collecting fees and troubleshoot problems;
3. Sending you targeted marketing, notification updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
4. Preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforcing our terms of service;
5. Providing services and customer support you have requested;
6. Customizing, measuring and improving our services, content and layout of our web site;
7. Comparing information for accuracy and verifying it with third parties.
4. Exchange of information with STEEPAY users
? To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information with any person or company that you pay to or who pays you. Your contact information, date of registration, the number of payments you have received from verified STEEPAY users, and if your Bank account was verified, are provided to other STEEPAY users with whom you transact through STEEPAY. In addition, you can provide users with any information about your account by filling out a form https://wallet.STEEPAY.com/members/profile.htm.
? If you are buying goods or services and paying through STEEPAY, we can also provide the Merchant with your address to complete a transaction with the Merchant. The merchant has no right to use this information to sell its services to you, if you do not agree with it. If the attempt of the Merchant payment failed or was later revoked, we can also provide the Merchant with the details of the unsuccessful payment. In order to facilitate the resolution of disputes, we can provide the buyer with the address of the Merchant, so the product can be returned to the Merchant.
? We work with Merchants in order to let them to accept payments from you using STEEPAY. The merchants may share your information with us, for example, e-mail address when you are trying to pay a Merchant. We use this information to confirm that you are a STEEPAY customer and so the merchant approves STEEPAY as a method of payment. In addition, if you ask us to confirm your customer STEEPAY status with a third party, we will do that. Keep in mind that Merchants from whom you buy and with whom you conclude contracts, have their own privacy policies and STEEPAY may not be held responsible for their actions, including, but not limited to, their information practices.
? Despite this, we will not disclose your credit card or bank account number to anyone whom you have paid or who has paid you through STEEPAY, except with your permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
5. Exchange of information with other parties
We may provide your personal information to:
? Members of a corporate group STEEPAY OU. — to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help to detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to send decisions about our products, services and communications. The members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
? Banking partners, in accordance with the rules of the Association of credit cards, for inclusion terminated Merchants in the list (in the case if you meet their criteria, which include the closure of your STEEPAY account in STEEPAY because of breaking the terms of service).
? Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (fraud prevention, collection of bills, marketing, technology services). Our contracts indicate that these service providers use your information only in connection with services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
? Law enforcement agencies, government officials or others:
1. We are forced to do so by subpoena, court order or similar court proceedings
2. We must do this to comply with the law
3. We firmly believe that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our terms of service.
? Other third parties with Your consent or instructions to do so.
STEEPAY will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes and share your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
If you open a STEEPAY account directly on a third-party web site or application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on the STEEPAY website), will be provided to the owner of the web site or third party app.
6. Restricting access to your personal information
1. Federal laws and state laws allow you to restrict sharing of your personal information in certain cases. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Since we decided to refrain from certain types of data sharing you can restrict access to your personal information only as follows:
2. You can also control how we use your contact information and our proposed services to you in the notification settings.
7. Change of personal information
You can view and edit your personal information in your account at any time. To do this you need to enter the system.
1. When you visit our website, we or companies employed by us to track usage of our web site may place small files of information called “cookies” on your computer.
2. We send a “session cookie file” to your computer when you sign into your account. This file helps us to recognise you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. After you exit the browser or close the browser this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
3. We also use longer cookies for other purposes such as displaying нour email address in our login form below, so you do not need to enter a new email address every time you log into your account.
4. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You can refuse from our cookies if it is allowed by your browser but this may prevent your use of our web-site. We may also collect information about your computer or other device to mitigate risks and prevent fraud.